This is definitely my favorite time of year - a time for giving, hot chocolate, and reflection. As we get ready to bring in a new year, I always appreciate the opportunity to take a look back at the year past to celebrate what went well, think about growth and prepare for tomorrow’s opportunities. 2011 was a BIG year for YNPN Twin Cities. Here’s a list of YNPN’s Top 11 of 2011:
- YNPN-TC started the year off with a bang, ready to implement its first ever strategic plan, new mission and values statements – all carefully crafted with member needs in mind.
- You told us you wanted an e-newsletter, and we gave you The Bridge in 2011. Since February, monthly editions have provided member spotlights, the best of the web, feature interviews and the scoop on professional development opportunities around town.
- In March, YNPN-TC sold out our Race and Privilege event with the YWCA Minneapolis in less than one hour, indicating the thirst that YNPNers have for dialogue and a commitment to the values of respect and inclusion.
- There was a caravan to Grand Rapid, Michigan for the YNPN National Leaders Conference where board blog czars Ada Okolue and Chris Oien prezi-ed on how to start and sustain a kick-ass blog as a model to other YNPN chapters around the country.
- Speaking of blogs, 49 insightful, thoughtful, creative and helpful posts were written by you, the members and board of YNPN.
- In the last year, we accumulated 31 new volunteers who increased the capacity, brought tremendous new energy and new approaches to the work of YNPN-TC.
- 2011 brought 50 new collaborators and partners to YNPN-TC’s work including the likes of Goodwill Easterseals, MAP Techworks, Joule, and Lars Leafblad! Not only did this expand our purview of resources, this also increased member access to different opportunities and expertise.
- The Membership and Communications Committee set about to define what it means to be a YNPN-TC member, providing greater clarity to the 272 of you who consider yourselves YNPNers.
- The Programming Committee executed 24 unique program events with distinct tracks – 12 Emerging Leadership Networks in partnership with Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, 4 Edge events, 4 Insider events, and 4 networking happy hours in 2011! 726 of you came out to join us – what great networking must have been happening!
- YNPN-TC is a working board – meaning board members and volunteers put in countless hours and tireless energy to accomplish the network’s goals. This year the Governance Committee recruited 21 board applicants! We’re excited so many members want to engage at a deeper level.
- The YNPN-TC board continued soul searching and set about a process that led to the adoption of a THREE year strategic plan that is poised to bring members more opportunities that dig deeper and may be more abstract – we’re going to try things, take some reasoned risks. After all, we are the network of Young Nonprofit Professionals…if we don’t push the envelope, who will?
I also love this time of year because it’s a time to be thankful to all of you who make this a phenomenal network. Thanks for sharing your voice, talent and expertise. See you in 2012!