YNPN-TC is always looking for a few good men and women to pitch in. If you're looking to get more involved, get some sweet skills, or even just get to know some cool people consider one of the following volunteer opportunities. Think you've got what it takes? Go to http://www.ynpntwincities.org/volunteer/ and fill out our volunteer interest form!
Programming Committee Member
Join the group of geniuses who plan YNPN's programs, ranging from intimate executive director breakfasts to big networking events to fun, social member meet-ups! Hone your organizing skills, meet new friends, and make your professional development ideas into reality!
Character/s who would be best in this position: The Avengers
Like the Avengers, Programming Committee members combine their diverse strengths to come to the rescue of young nonprofit professionals with fun and engaging programs.
Facebook Community Specialist
- Post daily during the week about upcoming events, new blog posts, relevant articles for YNPs, etc.
- Respond to Facebook messages
- Encourage members to be engaged on the page
Character who would be best in this position: Woody (Toy Story)
Always up to date with what's going on, approachable, friendly, good at keeping community together and thriving.
Twitter Community Specialist
- Tweet/schedule tweets for 3-5 times a day throughout the week about relevant articles for YNPs, upcoming YNPN- TC and related events, new YNPN-TC blog posts, etc.
- Retweet posts from other organizations and members about @ynpntc and related YNP information.
- Respond to tweets for @ynpntc
- Engage with members, encourage members to participate in conversation with YNPN-TC
Character who would be best in this position: Anna (Frozen).
Personable, super outgoing, not afraid to be herself (true to her own voice).
LinkedIn Community Specialist
- Every two to three weeks, send an update to LinkedIn members about upcoming events and opportunities from YNPN-TC
- Watch and engage members in posting in the LinkedIn community
- Post relevant articles for YNPs
Character who would be best in this role: Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Down to business but fun, not afraid to try new things, friendly and always willing to answer questions and help others.
Instagram Community Specialist
- Post pictures from recent events/news
- Watch for mentions of @ynpntc and repost
Character who would be best in this role: Peter Parker (Spider-man)
Photographer by day, superhero by night. The superhero part is optional for this position.