YNPN Twin Cities gets its work done through three intrepid committees made up of both board members and volunteers!
Governance assists the board in:
- Governance. Developing and recommending to the Board and overseeing implementation of YNPN-TC’s Governance Policies, reviewing on a regular basis the overall governance of YNPN-TC and recommending improvements when necessary.
- Nominating. Developing and overseeing YNPN-TC’s Board recruitment process and procedures and recommendations of candidates for nomination by the Board; determining qualifications and characteristics needed by Board members; identifying, screening and reviewing individuals qualified to serve as Directors and Officers of the Board and recommending to the Board candidates for nomination and election to fill Board vacancies.
- Board and Committee Development. Providing guidance to the Board on issues related to organizational structure; opportunities for Board development.
- Strategic Planning. Shepherding the board’s efforts in long-term strategic planning.
- Evaluation. Evaluating Board effectiveness.
Membership & Communications Committee
Contributes to YNPN-TC's success through:
- Membership Recruitment. Set standards and board member best practices for membership recruitment.
- Membership Engagement. Make sure YNPN–TC’s members have a relationship and open dialogue with YNPN–TC, as we our cultivating our member base.
- Membership Evaluation. Determine the needs and strengths of membership through metrics and infrastructure evaluation.
- Member Benefits. Create member benefits package that adds value to the network of YNPN–TC members.
- Communications. Build awareness of YNPN–TC’s mission, activities, and opportunities both to membership and the greater community, and ensure that YNPN–TC is perceived as a valuable resource and thought leader in the nonprofit sector and greater communities.
Provides leadership through:
- Program planning. Explore program ideas to fulfill the organization’s strategies and produce an appropriate program mix each year.
- Program execution. Facilitate the execution of all YNPN-TC events working with other board members, volunteers, members, partner organizations and others.
- Program evaluation. Evaluate and review programs and events to ensure the right mix of types of programs and content of programs to fit YNPN-TC’s strategic plan.