2014 was a year of many firsts for YNPN-TC, but I’m sitting here at my desk basking in the post-holiday glow to write about one in particular: MEMBER BENEFITS (at this point, please imagine ALL THE NYE NOISEMAKERS BUZZING AND POTS & PANS CLANGING!)
Here’s the rundown:
- We sent 4 people to MAP for Nonprofits Emotional Intelligence workshops in January and September
- We provided 27 scholarships to attend MCN’s Technology and Communications Conference, Essentials Conference, or Annual Conference
- We sent 10 people to bushCONNECT and MCN’s Leadership Conference
- All YNPN-TC members have access to a 20% off discount to any of MAP for Nonprofits workshops at any time*
- All YNPN-TC members have access to a $15 discounted individual membership to MCN at any time
At year end, we surveyed those of you who attended a conference or workshop on a YNPN-TC scholarship. We got your message loud and clear:
- 96% of respondents agree that it is crucial that YNPN-TC offer low-cost scholarships to conferences for young nonprofit professionals.
- 83% are more likely to engage in future YNPN-TC activities because of member benefits.
- 83% would not have attended the conference without the YNPN-TC scholarship.
- Of scholarship recipients, 4 in 10 did a share back activity by tweeting, writing a blog post about their experience, or hosting a meeting with work colleagues to share what they learned.
It looks like member benefits are here to stay.
A 10 Ton Thank You
In addition – many of our scholarship recipients said thank you to our most excellent partners. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, MAP for Nonprofits, and Bush Foundation for partnering with us in our inaugural year of member benefits offerings. These guys know what investing in emerging leaders is all about.
BUT we’re not the kind to rest on our laurels - what can we do better?
Some survey respondents said they wanted:
- An opportunity to meet the other YNPN-TC scholarship recipients attending the same conference before, during, or after the event
- More guidance/venues to share back what they learned with others
- More member benefits! Scholarships to more events or additional offerings like mentoring programs
We hear you, friends. Our member benefits team is excited to convene and plan our strategy for 2015 and beyond. Stay tuned!
*Please message firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code!