Leadership Breakfast Registration Lottery:
Registration for this event will be open from Thursday, August 18 - Wednesday, August 24. In this time we will allow as many people to sign up for the event as possible. There is no limit. From there we will have a lottery where we will choose 20 participants at random. This way we will be able to ensure everyone has a fair chance to attend a Leadership Breakfast event.
Our facilitator will reach out to all participants by Wednesday, August 24 letting everyone know whether or not they received a spot through the lottery.
A Little Bit About The President:
A native of Massachusetts, Jay Coogan serves as the sixteenth president of the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Prior to coming to MCAD, Mr. Coogan served as a faculty member and provost for the Rhode Island School of Design. He holds a master of fine arts degree in sculpture from Hunter College, the City University of New York, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in visual arts from Brown University. Mr. Coogan’s sculptural objects, installations, and functional works have been shown at numerous museums and galleries, and include public commissions for the cities of Cambridge, Boston, Providence, and Green Bay.
Since assuming the presidency of MCAD in 2009, Mr. Coogan has launched and overseen a variety of new strategic initiatives at the college, including:
- Strengthening board governance structures and policies and expanding board capacity by doubling the number of trustees of the college;
- Developing a new strategic plan for the college and working with the college’s board, faculty, and staff to implement major plan components;
- Restructuring the college’s Institutional Advancement and Finance departments and embarking on the college’s first ever comprehensive capital campaign;
- Redesigning MCAD’s approach to financial aid and more than doubling the amount of annual scholarship disbursements made by the college between 2009 and 2016;
- Investing in the college’s physical facilities through a variety of capital improvements, including moving the location of the MFA program, a 13,000+ square foot renovation of the school’s media facilities in 2014, and an upcoming expansion for the Entrepreneurial Studies Program.
- Expanding the college’s academic offerings by developing new minors, new post-baccalaureate certificates, and new degree programs.
He is currently the chair of the board of an association of 42 private art and design schools in the US and Canada (AICAD). Some other boards he has served on include the boards of Forecast Public Art, the College Art Association, the National Council of Art Administrators and the Museum of Art at Rhode Island School of Design.
About The Leadership Breakfast Series
Looking to get to the next level in your nonprofit career? At YNPN Twin Cities' Leadership Breakfast series, nonprofit Executive Directors and other leaders will share with you exactly how they did it, what they learned and what they're looking for in a rising nonprofit leader.
What you need to know:
- Our sponsor, Pollen, will be at the event with a photographer and writer on hand.
- There will be a YNPN member on site to facilitate and help you get the most out of these discussions.
414 S 8th St
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Google map and directions